Well it depends on many things as chimneys come in all different shapes and sizes so it can often be difficult to tell if you need a chimney repair.
Below we have listed some of the tell tale signs that your chimney may need repair work doing:
- Chimney leaning to one side, this can happen after years of weathering.
- Broken bricks, cracks or flaky bricks.
- Loose bricks popping out.
- Gaps between the bricks, this could be missing mortar, which can lead to leaks.
- Broken, missing or crooked chimney pots.
- Damp patches on walls, ceilings, and chimney breasts. This can be a very costly repair job if not rectified as soon as possible.
These issues can cause long term and expensive repairs throughout your house, so it is extremely important that you contact someone to at least have a look to see what the best solution is for the job.
The question you really should be asking yourself if you see any of the above signs is do i really what to cause my property more serious damage. Although the chimney may not be something that you look to inspect often it can often be the cause of many internal issues within your house.
Contact Coventry Roofers today to help restore your chimney!